Thursday, 3 July 2014

Duck & Waffle

A Seat in the Sky

Up the Heron Tower,
Squeezed into the lift,
Time for Duck and Waffle;
A little wedding gift.
Two wonderful friends are tying the knot
And in celebration we chose this spot.



Led over to our table,
Glancing round with glee,
We sat by the window
To see the whole city.
Our glasses clinked when champagne had been poured
Menus checked out and all diets ignored.





What else would my choice be
For Saturday brunch,
But the duck, egg and waffle
Upon which to munch.
Waiting to try this for many a moon
The time had arrived to pick up my spoon.






Drizzled with syrup,
All crunchy and gold,
My emotions for this one
Could not be controlled.
Whoever came up with this creation
Shall receive from me some adoration.





Our dishes polished off,
And hunger satisfied,
We turned to each other
Each one starry eyed.
We heaved ourselves up, not wanting to go
But now we had a hen party to throw!






Literary genius aside, we had a fabulous meal. The duck and waffle has made it to my top dishes of all time list and I now have the annoyance of waking up every weekend craving it. While the restaurant is open 24/7, booking is advisable and tables get reserved weeks in advance, I'm already formulating an excuse to return! 

The hype over this 40th floor destination restaurant is all completely justified, the chefs and staff are superb while the presentation of both the food and venue itself are carefully thought out .. my theory is the yellow ceiling panels draw their inspiration from duck bills .. anyone with me?

I can't believe it's taken me so long to jump on the D & W bandwagon but now I'm totally hooked. Who wants to join me next time? 

Duck & Waffle on Urbanspoon

Square Meal

5 comments :

  1. I adore Duck and Waffle!! I would go there every day if money was no object! Let me know if you ever need a Duck and Waffle food buddy!

    FoodNerd x

    www.foodnerd4life.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What have you had? I don't think I can try anything else now I've had the duck and waffle! I shall indeed let you know if I make the 100% certain return :)

      Ella x

      Delete
  2. LOVE your poem Ells, great literally talent right there :)
    I think I'm finally going to get to go next week...can't wait to see if it lives up to the hype
    x x x
    {The Lobster & Me}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee .. thanks! Yes absolutely go and definitely have the duck and waffle. I've just booked to go again for my birthday so counting down the days (weeks) now!

      E xx

      Delete
  3. I have been eyeing up the menu of the Duck and Waffle for a while and a special occassion to go along for. Glad that it lived up to expectation, perfect send off for a friend getting married Lucy

    ReplyDelete